Newsportal - Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Returning to normality under coronavirus conditions
On 1 August 2020, operations under Covid-19 conditions will replace reduced operations that are currently still in effect. The new regulations are being introduced following the recent lockdown lifts in NRW that result in new teaching scenarios being possible in the winter semester 2020/2021. In terms of successively introduced, measured lockdown lifts, the rules are likely to remain in force until the end of the winter semester, i.e. until 31 March 2021 – to the extent that the epidemiological developments and political guidelines will permit.
“Our aim is to facilitate social life on campus once again and to create more normality under coronavirus conditions,” says Chancellor Dr. Christina Reinhardt. “At the same time, our duty of care towards our employees and students is our top priority, which we implement through ongoing infection prevention measures.” In the process, RUB continues to impose only a few centralised regulations; rather, rules are implemented in a decentralised manner by the respective deans, managers, department heads and other executives who also ensure compliance in their respective area of responsibility.
The current changes include:
- RUB employees will be gradually returning to work on campus. The aim is to promote socialising in the workplace and avoid potential social isolation when working from home.
- Written exams can once again be taken in lecture halls with fixed seating, subject to special traceability regulations, following the standard distancing regulations that apply in exams.
- Lab internships and other practical classes with up to 50 participants can be conducted, subject to special regulations.
- The university library will provide more space for studying and revisions for students writing term papers or theses. The departmental libraries are also expected to develop appropriate concepts.
- Business trips and excursions within Germany are again possible.
Detailed information about these and other rules, leaflets and handouts will be available in the service portal (viewable by university employees only).
We answer the most frequent questions about coronavirus operations here.
In order to work and socialise on campus, everyone has to comply with the usual regulations regarding social distancing and hygiene, for the protection of oneself and others. For example, wearing a mouth-nose mask is mandatory in all public areas – such as corridors or social rooms – in all RUB buildings on campus and in town.
10 July 2020