Newsportal - Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Well-equipped for further protective measures
The State of NRW has issued a revised general ordinance for the organisation of courses, practical courses and examinations at universities. On this basis, the RUB Rectorate has approved the following regulations:
- Courses such as lab internships or comparable formats that require specialist facilities, equipment or other special conditions and thus require classroom teaching can be continued in person as planned.
- All courses for first semester students can continue to be taught in person as planned.
- All other courses, e.g. seminars, exercises, lectures, which are not covered by these two regulations, must be offered online from 7 December 2020 until further notice.
- The regulations for excursions and conferences have also been adapted with foresight. Up to and including the end of April 2021, no excursions may be carried out, and conferences may not be held in person on location up to and including 30 September 2021, in accordance with the Corona Protection Ordinance.
New: Quarantine Ordinance
Another new feature is the NRW Quarantine Ordinance, which makes all quarantine measures mandatory. People must immediately go into domestic quarantine in the following cases:
- Persons with a positive Covid 19 PCR test result (laboratory test) immediately on receipt of this result.
- Persons who are given a PCR test (laboratory test) because of cold symptoms or who were tested positive in a rapid Covid-19) test, until they receive their PCR test result (if this test is negative, the quarantine ends immediately, otherwise it continues).
- Household members, i.e. persons living in a household with a Covid-19 contagious person and who have had personal contact with that person within ten days before and/or since the date of the positive test result.
For RUB employees, quarantine means that they continue to work from home if possible.
Further information on this Quarantine Ordinance and on the RUB’s corona protection measures can be found on the university’s internal service portal.
3 December 2020